Monday, March 26, 2012

Pretty Paper Shoes






Believe it or not, this shoe is made from card stock! Okay, there's some fabric and lace involved, but the foundation of the shoe (and the upper and heel panel) are white card stock.

They can be embellished any way you choose. I started by covering all areas that would be exposed with crepe paper. Then the sky's the limit, the sky being your scrap basket. I finished off the shoe with some silver seed beads and a tulle accent.

So what do you do with these pretties, you ask? This one is for a bride. She requested paper shoes for bridesmaids gifts. They make wonderful little gift pouches. The shoes for the bridesmaids will look very different than this one. I'll post pictures of them when they are finished. I have to make 15 of them....yep, 15! But I will have the help of a dear friend, and we'll cut and paste for hours over much coffee and laughter, so it won't be as taxing as it may sound.

I'll post a tutorial when we complete the big project. Until then, enjoy the photos of the bride's shoe!









Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment