Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lyle's "Font"astic Adventures

Yesterday I shared some pretty interesting fonts with you. We discovered that there are TONS of fonts out there, all free for the taking, and TONS of things you can do with them. I had a special request from a viewer for some kitty fonts. Okay, so she's not just any viewer; she's my daughter, and like her mama, she loves cats.


                                          This is her sweet Ragdoll, my grandkitty, Lyle.

Anyway, all I had to do was google "kitty fonts" and instantly I had a HUGE list of sites advertising precisely what I wanted. I chose Fontspace, and I was not disappointed. There are three pages full of fonts that are all things feline.

So here's a sampling of what I found.


    The purrfect monogram




                                                                     Heartfelt purrs


Cat Nap (in heels, no less!)


all-occasion cat





                                                                         Too cute!



                                                                     Yoga Cats



                                                                  Sunshine Felines


And my absolute favorite.....

                                                              Kitty Doodles


These are all perfect for embellishing. The doodles are so convincing, you could use them in margins, and no one would know that they were not your original artwork. I use the term "artwork" very loosely here. 


A great tutorial for downloading new fonts can be found here.


So go create something feline, and clean the litter box!

2 comments: